For the most part my artwork is pretty straightforward and should not require much explanation, it is visually literal. The determination for what I create is very subject matter driven and generally found within the confines of the urban and rural landscape of Wisconsin. This is my home, I like it a lot and the catalog of potential paintings and drawings is infinite. Maybe there is some emotional motivation, a touch of humor or something significant enough to make it worth investing the time to capture, as art. Of course, within this decision making equation are composition, color and contrast, along with approach/technique/medium in determining how to execute each endeavor.
In the end it is quite simple. The process should be both, challenging and satisfying for me. I would also hope that the viewer enjoys what they see and does not tire of looking at the artwork.
BS Art Education - UW Madison. 30 Years commercial illustration.
* American Advertising Federation - National Citation of
* 2009 Wisconsin Visual Artists Biennial - Wisconsin Visual
Artists Biennial Award "Spirit"
* Selection to 2010 Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission Annual Calendar
* Selection to 2011 Marshfield Clinic - Arist Series
* Selection to 2012 Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission Annual Calendar
* Selection to 2013 Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission Annual Calendar cover art.
* 2012 Northern National Art Competition - Nicolet College Art Gallery - Donor Award "7 Out of 42,000"
* Selection to 2015 Dane County Cultural Affairs Commission Annual Calendar
* 2014 Alive in the Arts - Plymouth Arts Center/Gallery 110 North - Best of Show "October Corn"
* 2014 Northern National Arts Competition - Nicolet College Art Gallery - Donor Award "Just Passing Through"
* 2015 Alive in the Arts - Plymouth Arts Center/Gallery 110 North - 1st Place "Cownose 24"
* 2015 The Artist's Magazine - Finalist in portrait competition "Red"
* Morey Airplane Co. - Middleton, WI
* Northwestern Mutual Life - Milwaukee, WI
* UW Madison School of Pathology - Madison WI
* ZD Studios - Madison, WI
* Robert W. Baird & Company - Madison, WI
* St. Joseph's Hospital - Marshfield, WI
* Barb and Rod Clarke - Madison, WI
* Marshfield Clinic, Weston Center - Weston, WI
* Private Commissions